• Forms a rust inhibiting barrier for outstanding metal protection
• Excellent base for topcoats
• Excellent adhesion, easy application
Where To Use
White Knight Rust Guard® Metal Primer is suitable for steel, wrought iron and structural steel
Ideal on fences, railings, gutter, roofs and gates.
How To Apply
- Remove all rust and flaking paint back to bare metal with a wire brush, scraper or mechanical sander.
- The surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil, rust scale and other contaminants.
- Sand new metal, previously painted or glossy surfaces thoroughly.
- Convert rusted surfaces with White Knight Rust Guard® Rust Converter.
- Stir thoroughly with a broad flat stirrer in a circular lifting motion for at least 5 minutes before use and continue to stir at regular intervals during application.
- No thinning is required for application by brush or roller. If spraying, you may thin up to 10% with White Knight Rust Guard® Solvent or mineral turps.
- Apply 1 coat by brush, roller or spray gun. Apply a second coat after 16 hours if overcoating with a water based topcoat.
Do not use when air or surface temperature is below 10°C or above 30°C.
3. OVER COATING
Overcoat when dry (15 hours) with an enamel topcoat (White Knight Rust Guard® Epoxy Enamel or Hammered Finish) or water based topcoat (White Knight Rust Guard® Advance Enamel) within 1 week of applying primer.
Approximately 14m² per litre, depending on the nature of the surface.
Touch dry in 4 hours. Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation or where heavy film builds are applied.
6. CLEAN UP
Clean brushes and equipment with White Knight Rust Guard® Solvent or mineral turps immediately after use.
7. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- This product is highly flammable. Store and use away from heat and eliminate any source of ignition.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label. Do not induce vomiting.
- If in eyes, immediately flush with running water for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention.
- Avoid breathing vapour or mist.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- If on skin, remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Do not use solvents or thinners.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 807 001 and in New Zealand call 0800 154 666
- Do not pour unwanted paint down the drain.
- Keep unwanted paint in sealed containers for disposal via chemical waste collections.
- Empty paint containers should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle steel containers via steel recycling programs.
- Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your council first.
It’s as easy as selecting a project type and the material involved