• Tough epoxy enamel
• Brilliant tile-like finish
• Restores baths, basins and tiles
• Excellent adhesion & coverage
Where To Use
White Knight® Tub & Basin is suitable on bath tubs, wash basins, laundry tubs, porcelain and metal surfaces.
For interior use only.
Not suitable for plastic surfaces sensitive to strong solvents. Not suitable for continuous water immersion.
How To Apply
- Correct surface preparation is critical to the success of the painting project. It is essential that the following steps are taken:
- Clean the surface thoroughly with an abrasive cleaning product to remove all transparent body fats and soap deposits on the tub's surface. Pay special attention to the edges against the wall, around taps, plug hole, handles etc.
- Rinse off with clean warm water.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to ensure all build up is removed from the surface.
- Sand the entire surface thoroughly to remove all shine. Use a fine grade of wet and dry abrasive paper (240 - 320 grit) and pay special attention to difficult to reach areas. Sand or grind any rust spots back to clean metal.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water and allow to dry.
- Clean the surface with White Knight Rust Guard® Solvent to remove all traces of dirt, grit and other contaminants and allow to dry.
- Cover taps with plastic bags and seal with rubber band to prevent water from leaking during application.
- Stir contents of both A and B tins separately with a flat paddle.
- Pour the contents of both cans A and B into a metal or solvent resistant container and stir well until completely mixed (approximately 5 minutes).
- Divide mixture in half by pouring into 2 separate metal or solvent resistant containers (one half for each coat).
- Immediately seal both containers tightly.
- Place one half in the refrigerator in an airtight container, separated from food and clearly labelled “PAINT: DO NOT EAT” (between 0° - 4°) and allow the other half to stand for 1 hour at room temperature before use.
- Stir thoroughly with a broad flat stirrer in a circular lifting motion for at least 5 minutes before use and continue to stir at regular intervals during application.
- No thinning is required for application by brush. If spraying you may thin up to 10% with White Knight Rust Guard®Solvent.
- Apply 1 coat by brush or spray gun. Start around the edges using a pure bristle brush. Continue down to base of the surface being painted in a slightly spiral fashion with a brush or spray gun.
- Apply a second coat between 12 and 36 hours after first coat application using the remaining refrigerated mixture (mixed product will remain useable for up to 36 hours when kept refrigerated). Allow mixture stand for 1 hour at temperature before use.
- Apply second coat following Application steps 1 and 2. When painting over contrasting colours additional coats may be necessary.
- Remove plastic bags when the surface is completely dry.
- For best results, allow a minimum of 5 days warm weather drying before using painted item.
Do not use when air or surface temperature is below 20°C or above 30°C or in excessive humidity.
- Approximately 12m² per litre.
- Spread rate will be lower on rough or absorbent surfaces. The total mixed quantity of this pack is suitable for the coverage of one standard bath tub with two coats.
- Touch dry in 6 hours. Re-coat after 12 hours and before 36 hours. Maximum adhesion and hardness on non-porous surfaces may take 3-4 days.
- Allow a minimum of 5 days warm weather drying before using painted item.
- Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation or where heavy film builds are applied.
5. CLEAN UP
Clean brushes and equipment with White Knight Rust Guard® Solvent immediately after use.
6. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- This product is highly flammable. Store and use away from heat and eliminate any source of ignition.
- If swallowed, drink plenty of water and seek medical advice immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- If in eyes, immediately flush with running water for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention.
- Avoid breathing vapour or mist.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- If on skin, remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Warning - Misuse by concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 807 001 and in New Zealand call 0800 154 666
- Do not pour unwanted paint down the drain.
- Keep unwanted paint in sealed containers for disposal via special chemical waste collections.
- Empty paint containers should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle steel containers via can recycling programs.
- Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first.
It’s as easy as selecting a project type and the material involved